Thursday 18 March 2010

YOUNG ADULT REVIEW: In My Sky at Twilight - Gaby Morgan

BOOK BLURB:

This swooningly gorgeous collection of poems celebrates love in all its guises from silent admiration through heart-stopping passion to tearful resignation. Whether you are star-crossed lovers, kindred spirits or smitten by the boy next door these exquisite verses speak of the universal experiences of the heart and prove that love transcends time itself.

from In My Sky At Twilight

In my sky at twilight you are like a cloud

And your form and colour are the way I love them.

You are mine, mine, woman with sweet lips

And in your life my infinite dreams live.

Pablo Neruda


REVIEW:

With the many titles out there in the current marketplace poetry feels like its dying out so I was pretty pleased when this offering landed and gave me the chance to indulge. Its quirky, it has excerpts of pure imagination and brought together succinctly to engage the reader. Whilst it will only appeal to a small percentage of readers it was something that I enjoyed as it was a refreshing change to my normal poetry of choice (WW1).

No comments: