Thursday 28 July 2011

THRILLER REVIEW: The Silenced - Brett Battles

Release Date: 28/07/11

SYNOPSIS:

Professional 'cleaner' Jonathan Quinn has a new client and a odd job: find and remove the remains of a body hidden twenty years ago inside the walls of a London building, before the building is demolished. But Quinn and his team are being watched. Suddenly caught in the crossfire between two dangerous rivals, Quinn must unravel the identity of the body and why it still poses so great a threat even in death. Because a plot stretching from the former Soviet Union to Hong Kong, from Paris to London, from Los Angeles to Maine is rapidly falling apart. And Quinn hasn't just been hired to tie up loose ends - he is one.


REVIEW:

OK this is my first adventure with Brett Battles and to be honest, whilst it’s his fourth book, it was one that held me entranced from start to finish. The lead character was gripping, the scrapes and action high octane and when you add into it an author who knows how to not only entertain but thrill the reader it was a very enjoyable experience.

The prose was crisp, the dialogue outstanding but it was the sheer depth of twists and turns that kept me glued to see what would happen up to the final chapter that left me feeling exhausted by its conclusion. All in a great read and one that I thoroughly enjoyed and whilst I’ve not read other titles by Brett, I’ll definitely have to look at another adventure soon just after I give my shattered nerves time to get back to solid ground.

No comments: