Thursday 18 March 2010

YOUNG ADULT REVIEW: Danny Baker Record Breaker: World's Biggest Bogey - Steve Hartley

BOOK BLURB:

Like many young boys, Danny dreams of making it into the record books. Eternally optimistic, he writes to Mr Bibby, Keeper of the Records, with hilarious accounts of his yucky endeavours.

In this book Danny Baker will attempt to break the following records. Drumroll, please . . .

Heaviest ball of snot! (DB attempt: 1.4 grams)

Most nits on a single human head! (DB attempt: 109)

Smelliest feet! (DB attempt: 205 children and 5 teachers rendered unconscious within 10 seconds)


REVIEW:

Definitely a book for the young male reader out there as author Steve Hartley endeavours to outgross as well as out break any possible record out there. Its fun, its silly and its definitely one that appeals to the lowest branches of humour that made this an ideal read for me. I like that although I’ll never beat Danny Baker he does the sort of things I’d have love to have attempted as a child. Perhaps that what makes this such a charming tale to read (or disgusting depending on your viewpoint. LOL) A good bit of fun and one that I’ll have fun as future misadventures arrive. Definitely something for the Yuck Market and one that I’ll perhaps keep as a quiet book between my nephew and I.

No comments: