Friday 18 May 2012

FANTASY REVIEW: The Dagger and the Coin 2: The King's Blood - Daniel Abraham

Release Date: 03/05/12

SYNOPSIS:

War casts its shadow over the lands that the dragons once ruled. Only the courage of a young woman with the mind of a gambler and loyalty to no one stands between hope and universal darkness. The high and powerful will fall, the despised and broken shall rise up and everything will be remade. And an old, broken-hearted warrior and an apostate priest will begin a terrible journey with an impossible goal: destroy a Goddess before she eats the world.


REVIEW:

I’ve been a fan of Daniel’s writing style for quite a while now and to be honest when I know that theres a new one coming out, I’m not only demanding it for myself but I’ve also got that fantasy monster that introduced me to the genre hanging on out to get his paws upon the text as soon as possible. (Yep that was my Dad in case you needed to know. LOL)

Why? Well Daniel’s writing style is addictive with its wonderful use of characters, politics and of course prose as it brings the reader deeper within his world to see events as they unfurl. Its fast paced, fascinating and with the machinations and character developments within the text makes this a tale to fully savour and enjoy over the nights, possibly with your favourite tipple. Great stuff all in.



No comments: