Thursday 10 May 2012

URBAN FANTSY REVIEW: An Elder Races Novel 1: Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison

Release Date: 03/05/12

SYNOPSIS:

Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful - and passionate - of the Elder Races. As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in one another.


REVIEW:

Dragon Bound was a book that I put off as for me I felt that it wasn’t the type of book that I’d enjoy. Sadly for me, when I did pluck up the courage to read, I realised what a disservice I’d done to the author as well as the publisher. It was well written, the lead character had an internal strength that stood out and made her likeable and when manipulated the way she tried to find her own way out by keeping off the grid was a real solid piece of writing.

Add to this solid secondary character’s, basic world building but done in a way to allow you easily transcend to her world and all in with the overall arc, it was a cracking read. I’ll definitely be looking into other books by this author and she will be moved higher up the TBR pile instantly.



1 comment:

Angela Addams said...

It's funny when we pass judgement only to discover something we love. I did that with A Game of Thrones recently...now I'm itching to get to the next book in the series.