Sunday 10 January 2016

THRILLER REVIEW: Disclaimer - Renee Knight

Release Date: 31/12/15
Publisher:  Black Swan

SYNOPSIS:

When an intriguing novel appears on Catherine’s bedside table, she curls up and begins to read.

But as she turns the pages she is horrified to realize she is a key character, a main player.

This story will reveal her darkest secret.

A secret she thought no one else knew…


REVIEW:

OK, this is the review of the paperback and whilst the book blurb really hooked me I found that it was really hard to stick with. It didn’t flow for me and with an incredible snail like pace made it a struggle to get into and whilst the characters were OK, overall the book only really picked up in the last quarter partly as if it was a story that would have worked better had it been a novella rather than a novel.

All round I was disappointed however with the characterisation being well executed I will give Renee another go in the future.



No comments: