Sunday, 10 January 2016

THRILLER REVIEW: Disclaimer - Renee Knight

Release Date: 31/12/15
Publisher:  Black Swan


When an intriguing novel appears on Catherine’s bedside table, she curls up and begins to read.

But as she turns the pages she is horrified to realize she is a key character, a main player.

This story will reveal her darkest secret.

A secret she thought no one else knew…


OK, this is the review of the paperback and whilst the book blurb really hooked me I found that it was really hard to stick with. It didn’t flow for me and with an incredible snail like pace made it a struggle to get into and whilst the characters were OK, overall the book only really picked up in the last quarter partly as if it was a story that would have worked better had it been a novella rather than a novel.

All round I was disappointed however with the characterisation being well executed I will give Renee another go in the future.

No comments: