Release Date: 24/01/16
Publisher: Warner Brothers Interactive
Avengers Assemble! The best-selling LEGO Marvel videogame franchise returns with a new action-packed, Super Hero adventure. Join the LEGO Marvel’s Avengers team and experience the first console videogame featuring characters and storylines from the critically-acclaimed film Marvel’s The Avengers, the blockbuster sequel Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more. Play as the most powerful Super Heroes in their quest to save the world.
- Diverse roster of Marvel’s Avengers characters –Play and unlock more than 100 new and returning characters with an array of exciting capabilities, including fan favorites like Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, new characters from Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more.
- New and enhanced powers and abilities – Battle in new ways with enhanced powers and character abilities. Team up with core Avengers to execute incredible combo moves.
- Free Roam Gameplay – Enjoy LEGO Marvel’s Avengers’ unique take on open world gameplay as you assume the roles of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to collect gold bricks, studs, and unlock additional characters.
- Variety of iconic locations – Visit iconic Marvel Cinematic Universe locations from around the world.
- Experience the blockbuster action from the Avengers films – Relive key moments from Marvel’s The Avengers, Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and more, with a splash of classic LEGO humor.
OK, this won’t come as a surprise but I love my lego games, they’re fun for me as an adult, great for me to play with my nephews and when you get to throw into the mix Marvel’s heroes then its pretty much a win/win any which way I look at it.
What this game brings to the fore is Avenger threads, cracking characters that will give you a whole heap of fun and with the ability to replay levels with new characters alongside abilities all round make this a game that has a lot of replay value as you see to earn every achievement as well as gold brick in the game. As with the other Marvel title you also get to rescue creator Stan Lee from numerous predicaments and all round not only get a good chuckle as the lego humour takes over but have a whole heap of fun for all involved.
All round, this is my favourite lego title to date and whilst I thought that the original Marvel would take a lot to beat it, this one alone for the gaming experience has been bigger, better and way more fun. Cracking.