Thursday 5 January 2017

CRIME THRILLER REVIEW: DC Ebony Wullis 5: Cold Killers - Lee Weeks

Release Date: 01/12/16
Publisher: Simon and Schuster

SYNOPSIS:

Eddie Butcher, one of four brothers from a notorious East End family, is tortured and brutally murdered while visiting London from his home in Marbella. DI Carter and DS Willis monitor his extravagant funeral in case Eddie’s violent brother Terry, under house arrest in Spain, tries to make an appearance. Terry is wanted for robbery, drug trafficking and murder - and the police strongly suspect he is even prepared to kill his own family to maintain his power.

What Carter hasn’t told all of his colleagues is that this family’s history is personal to him. When Carter is offered the chance to finally catch Terry, he knows he cannot refuse. But it comes at a heavy personal, and professional, cost - and Willis must protect them all as the Butcher family’s enemies close in, wanting revenge.


REVIEW:

OK, so having read previou work by lee, I've realised that I missed book four, yet with that being said I don't feel at a disadvantage to readers who have kept up to date with the series. As with previous outings, the authirs dark humour works wonderfully well throughout the piece, the mismatched duo working wonderfully well off each other and for me, its the dialogue that really helps to glue the book together.

Its delightful, it is deliciously dark and all round its a book that i had a hard time putting down let alone letting go of each night as I processed what I'd read and tried to guess what else would occur. All round a cracking author and one that I'm going to have to pay more attention to so I don't miss out. Now if you'll excuse me I have book four to order.

No comments: