Saturday 20 May 2017

VIDEO GAME REVIEW: Prey - Bethesda

Release Date: 05/05/17
Publisher:  Bethesda

SYNOPSIS:

Prey is a first-person sci-fi action game from Arkane Studios, creators of the award-winning Dishonored series. In Prey, you are the first human enhanced with alien powers aboard the Talos I space station. Improvise and innovate as you fight your way through the alien infested station in your search for the truth Cosmonaut Shotgun Starter Pack Pre-order Bonus: Fans who pre-order Prey will receive the exclusive Cosmonaut Shotgun Pack. The pre-order bonus consists of Morgan Yu's family heirloom Margrave shotgun and tools to fight threats aboard Talos I including: three Neuromods players can spend to acquire new abilities, two Medkits, a Fabrication plan to create Shotgun Ammo, a starter kit for building tools and weapons, and a unique upgrade to help players preserve their limited resources


REVIEW:

OK, so I'm not the first to get a review up, however to be honest I'd rather get it up later and have had a ton of fun playing it and not having to feel rushed rather than lose a lot from having to speed through which to me means yo u don't get the full flavour.

Prey has a lot going for it, provided you like a lot of the mechanics from the two Dishonored titles (which I do.) The weapons are varied and to be honest my fav was the Huntress Boltcaster, OK it does no damage but as a distractor and a means to hit buttons that I couldn't reach really was a lot of fun.

There's a lot to see, a lot to do and when you can face a lot of surprises from disguised Typhon within atmospheric scenary all round made this a lot of fun for me. Finally add to the mix great sound, solid graphics and a good story all round made me a happy gamer.

No comments: