Tuesday 16 September 2014

URBAN FANTASY REVIEW: The Rain-Soaked Bride - Guy Adams


Release Date: 31/07/14
Publisher:  Del Rey UK

SYNOPSIS:

How do you stop an assassin that can't be killed? When several members of the diplomatic service die in seemingly innocent, yet strangely similar circumstances, it seems a unique form of murder is being used. Toby Greene is part of Section 37, known as The Clown Service, a mostly forgotten branch of British Intelligence tasked with fighting exactly this kind of threat. However, the Rain-Soaked Bride is no ordinary assassin. Relentless, inexorable and part of a larger game, merely stopping this impossible killer may not be enough to save the day...


REVIEW:

OK, I wasn’t overly enamoured with the first book in this series, The Clown Service, I wanted to give this title a go as I know that a lot of others out there have had a lot of fun with it, I thought I’d try the second in case I wasn’t fully in the right frame of mind with the original reading.

So settling back and opening the pages, I began to read. What happens within the book is a story that really didn’t strike me as original, it felt yet again like I’ve seen something like it before and whilst the characters were solid enough, I did feel that the author extended the story without giving the reader really anything new that hasn’t been seen before. All round I was a little disappointed and whilst I still like a number Guy’s series, this is one I’m going to let fall by the wayside.

No comments: