Tuesday 7 February 2012

CUISINE REVIEW: My Kitchen Table: 100 Vegetarian Feasts - Sophie Grigson

Release Date: 05/01/12

SYNOPSIS:

Sophie Grigson's passion for vegetarian food shines through every recipe in this gorgeous collection. From light summery salads to root vegetable soups, Mediterranean pastas and Middle Eastern stews, this book will entice all readers, whether you are a vegetarian or not.


REVIEW:

To be honest as a meat eater there are times when I go off the whole idea and want something not only nutrious but flavourful and enjoyable. That usually tends to restrict what you can have as I’m not a fan of nut cutlets and some of the quorn range isn’t quite right for me. So when this title by Sophie landed it was a bit of a relief as she’s a vegetarian name to trust on the recipes and boy, was I thankful for it.

Within this book there are a lot of recipes that I wanted to try (which is half the battle) and I couldn’t wait to get into the kitchen to begin preparation. There’s something for everyone and as a fan of Italian Cuisine, it was a joy to see some very wholesome recipes that not only played to my strengths (I worked in an Italian Restaurant for 8 years as my first job and picked up lots of tips) and left me hankering for some of the more rustic foods, such as Antonio Carluccio’s Garlic Soup which was not only filling but was a real treat.

All in this book will make it easier to get your five a day as well as helping to give you that special something different for when you’re not in the mood to mess with meat, or have to use up some of those vegetables then this will help you make the most of whats in the house and help avoid waste. Great stuff.

1 comment:

Anne Michaud said...

Ouhh Gareth....I'm getting this one - if a vegetarian cookbook got a meat eater excited, there must be something done right. Thanks for the tip:)