Friday 26 July 2013

FILM TIE IN: World War Z: The Art of the Film - Titan Books

Release Date: 18/06/13
Publisher:  Titan

SYNOPSIS:

"World War Z" is the eagerly awaited film starring Brad Pitt. The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop a pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to annihilate humanity itself.
"World War Z: The Art of the Film" is the official illustrated companion to the movie, and features a wealth of stunning production art, design sketches and storyboards, alongside the full shooting script.
(TM) & (c) 2013 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.


REVIEW:

I love a great zombie film and whilst I’ve not had the pleasure of reading World War Z at the moment, I’ve heard from others that it’s a story that will not only keep my Zombie need maxed but also give me a story that I’ll just love to spend time immersed in (although I still think Zombies shouldn’t run.)

What is presented within is a book that brings not only the artwork to life but also takes the reader through the creation of the undead (or as I like to call them Fashion Cat Walk models LOL) as they help bring this dark apocalyptic point of view to the modern viewer. Add to this solid commentary and all round it’s a book that I’ll be looking through quite a few times. Great stuff.



No comments: