Thursday 23 April 2009

URBAN FANTASY REVIEW: Men of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong


BOOK BLURB:

I don't remember the first time I changed into a wolf. One night I passed out, and awoke to find my body covered in yellow fur. My brain was beyond reacting. It took this in its stride, as it had everything else in my new life. I got to my feet and went in search of food. As a curious and independent six-year-old, Clayton didn't resist the bite ? he asked for it. But as a lone child werewolf his life is under constant threat. So when enigmatic Pack member Jeremy Danvers saves him, Clayton is determined to protect his adoptive father, no matter what the cost. So begins this gripping collection of four tales chronicling the bloody feuds of the American Pack, and the coming of age of Clay Danvers, a very powerful ? and very singular ? werewolf.


REVIEW:

Of all the women who write in the Supernatural world, Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourites with cracking characters, outstanding plotlines and above all a friendly nature that really does step out of the pages to gently guide the reader through their adventure. Here, in this novel, published in a paperback format for the first time are some of the short stories that were originally written at the requests of her fans and were available on her website for free. But why purchase it if you can get them for nothing? They’re well written, they add another flavour to the Otherworld and above all, the proceeds from the sale of this novel go to help a literacy charity. Definitely one of my favourites of all of Kelley’s work and a book I’m going to highly recommend to everyone.

No comments: