Tuesday 26 March 2013

NEWS: Charity Auction by Ben Kane

Hail Mighty Readers,
Blog friend Ben Kane has let us know about an exclusive item to bid upon from himself to aid the the forthcoming Charity Walk himself and a few others are embarking upon.

We let the man himself tell you about it:

"Greetings to all of you! I hope that wherever you are, you're warmer than I am in Somerset.  26th March, and it's 0 C, freezing. My office is a little warmer, but not much.

Anyway, sorry to drop you another email, but some of you might be interested in having a copy of the final proofs of Hannibal: Fields of Blood.  This is 400 odd pages of A4, printed as the book will look when it is bound.  It's what authors get to do their final edit on. I have NEVER sold one of these before, but with comparable authors, they are worth hundreds of pounds within 2-3 years.

If you want to read more, go to my Facebook page at facebook.com/benkanebooks

I have put up this manuscript for auction  to raise money for the charity walk that I am doing in late April, along Hadrian's Wall, in full Roman gear, including hobnailed boots.I am raising money for Combat Stress, which helps veterans with PTSD, and Medecins Sans Frontieres, which helps thousands all over the world in conflict zones. So far, we have raised over £6600. Our aim is to raise £7500, or more.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU CAN DONATE FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, USING PAYPAL.

I won't give the details of the giving site just yet, as you will only need it if your bid wins!

The competition runs until 8 p.m. UK time, Wednesday March 27th.

As of this moment, the bidding stands at £210.... let me know your bid by email, or on Facebook, please.

Thank you!

Best wishes

Ben"


So you want to help worthwhile charities with your reading addicition.  Now's your chance.


No comments: