Tuesday 1 October 2013

SCIENCE FICTION REVIEW: Ancillary Justice 1: Ancillary Justice - Ann Leckie

Release Date: 01/10/13
Publisher:  Orbit

SYNOPSIS:

They made me kill thousands, but I only have one target now. The Radch are conquerors to be feared - resist and they'll turn you into a 'corpse soldier' - one of an army of dead prisoners animated by a warship's AI mind. Whole planets are conquered by their own people. The colossal warship called The Justice of Toren has been destroyed - but one ship-possessed soldier has escaped the devastation. Used to controlling thousands of hands, thousands of mouths, The Justice now has only two hands, and one mouth with which to tell her tale. But one fragile, human body might just be enough to take revenge against those who destroyed her.


REVIEW:

I love a good Sci-Fi book and when this landed I loved the premise so much, that I just couldn’t wait to get started. What unfurls in this book is a story of vengeance, of discovery and all round a tale of redemption all wrapped up in on huge plot that works wonderfully well.

Ann’s prose are sharp, the principle character a real joy to spend time with and when added to some cracking dialogue, a whole heap of twists all round give me a book that I was more than happy to spend time with. Great stuff.

No comments: