Sunday 16 November 2014

FANTASY REVIEW: The Three Powers 3: The Sword of Feimhin - Frank P Ryan


Release Date: 04/09/14
Publisher:  Jo Fletcher Books

SYNOPSIS:

The Tyrant's control of the Fail has increased so much that now he threatens Earth as well as Tir. In a violently dystopic London, where Mark and Nantosueta are searching for Padraig and the Sword of Feimhin, Penny Postlethwaite, a gifted teenager, is mapping two Londons, the tormented 'City Above' and an eerie 'City Below'. On Tir, Alan's Shee army is intent on attacking Ghork Mega, the Tyrant's capital city, but obstacles obstruct his path at every turn. And in Dromenon Kate finds herself entering the Land of the Dead in her hunt for the serpent-dragon Nidhoggr. Day by day and hour by hour, the looming threat grows.


REVIEW:

To be honest with you, I’ve not read the other books in the series and I suspect that my review may be a little unfair but for me the big had a lot of problems with it. Firstly I felt that it was more than a little slow, the pace was sadly lacking, the prose really didn’t help and whilst some of the characters were reasonable, I did end up feeling that it was a little too little too late for me as a reader.

Add to this an overly abundant cast which made it a little hard to keep track of who was who all round left me feeling that there wasn’t enough time devoted within to keep them rounded or deep within the readers mind.

No comments: