Monday 11 April 2016

FANTASY REVIEW: Snakewood - Adrian Selby

Release Date: 17/03/16
Publisher:  Orbit

SYNOPSIS:

Once they were a band of mercenaries who shook the pillars of the world through their cunning, their closely guarded alchemical brews and stone cold steel. Whoever met their price won.

Now, their glory days behind them and their genius leader in hiding, the warriors known as the 'Twenty' are being hunted down and eliminated one by one.

A lifetime of enemies has its own price.


REVIEW:

As a huge fan of fantasy, I love a tale of war blended with solid world building as well as being backed with a premise that sells it to you right from the get go and whilst all of this is there in the blurb for Adrian’s Snakewood, for me, the delivery was sadly lacking.

Not that the writing was awful, far from it but, as many people know, when I can’t find something to help me associate with the principle players, leaves me with no real emotional connection or caring as to their fates. This for me makes a book a hard slog and even when it has some great twist as well as idea’s added within makes it an uphill struggle to finish. All round it is a solid enough title but due to lack of character interest makes this a book that I’d recommend that you rent from your library rather than purchase.



No comments: