Tuesday 18 June 2013

CRIME THRILLER: The Boyfriend - Thomas Perry

Release Date: 03/06/13
Publisher:  Head of Zeus

SYNOPSIS:

A killer is on the loose...Joel is fascinated by the art of Rithmatics - with its lines of power and ability to bring chalk drawings to life - but only a few have the gift and he is not one of them. When Rithmatic students from Joel's school start disappearing, he is keen to investigate. Since he's not a Rithmatist, Joel seems to be safe - but others are dying. Can he find the killer before the killer realizes just what a threat Joel really is?



REVIEW:

To be honest I do love a cracking crime thriller but for me something about this book just didn’t gel with me as a reader, whether this was because I felt that certain aspects were more “told” rather than “shown” I can’t say but I really had problems getting into the title when it feels that the author tries to gloss over somethings to get to the bit that they really want to write.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the plot aspects were solid and in places even good but I found the pace lacking in places, almost as if the author stalled and rather than generating a book that I couldn’t put down the only thing it did was make me struggle through in case it got better at the end. All round a title I was disappointed with but I will try again in case this was just a one off that didn’t hit the spot.




No comments: