Friday 12 October 2012

SCIENCE FICTION AUDIO BOOK REVIEW: Warhammer 40K: Perfection - Nick Kyme

Release Date: 27/09/12

SYNOPSIS:

Under siege from Chaos Space Marines of the Emperor’s Children, survival for the world of Vardask looks bleak. Matters worsen with the arrival of the World Eaters of Khorne, but when the Champions of Slaanesh are slowly murdered in mysterious circumstances the enmity of the rival warbands threatens to turn them on one another on a scale not seen since the aftermath of the Horus Heresy. Are there no depths to which the scions of Fulgrim will not stop in pursuit of true perfection?


REVIEW:

Whilst I have enjoyed a fair few of the Black Library Audio books there are occasional ones that really don’t hit the spot for me either with the overall arc or with the voice narration and sadly for me, this book suffers from both, with the feeling that its more just generic going through the motions, rather than a fully fleshed emotional tale to keep you engrossed throughout.

For me, the characters were hard to get a hold on, didn’t stand out to keep me interested enough and whilst it moved at a reasonable pace, it’s not a story that will stay with me for very long. All in I’m disappointed with this one, but here’s hoping that the next comes back even stronger.



No comments: