Wednesday 7 September 2011

SCIENCE FICTION REVIEW: Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Ascension - Christie Golden

Release Date: 04/08/11

SYNOPSIS:

In this penultimate novel in the bestselling Fate of the Jedi series, Luke Skywalker, his son Ben, and the Sith girl Vestara are in hot pursuit of the dread power called Abeloth, who has joined forces with the Sith in a bid to take over the galaxy. The leadership of the government is uncertain, torn apart by power struggles and infiltrators, while the Sith have a terrible secret that could shake the Jedi Order to its core...


REVIEW:

In all honesty this isn’t my favourite title from the Star Wars franchise, I found the writing unsatisfactory, the characters felt flat and to be honest I was left wondering where the surprises were as the whole story was a little bit to transparent. As such I feel that this book will sell due to the fact that it is a Star Wars book but it really isn’t adding anything to the already massive mythos and in short leaves you wondering how it made it to the bookshelves.

As you can probably tell, this wasn’t for me and as such I’d suggest that others give it a miss.


No comments: