Tuesday 6 June 2017

VIDEO GAME REVIEW: Injustice 2 - Warner Brothers Interactive

Release Date: 19/05/17
Publisher: Warner Brothers Interactive

SYNOPSIS:

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice : Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman's regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth's existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favourites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.


REVIEW:

OK, I'm going to be honest here, the main fighting games that I've picked up before were Tekken and whilst many would say that the war for the king of fighters is generlaly won by Mortal Kombat I love a game that gives me not only fun but the chance to compete against not only my other half or the AI but with people the world over.

This title from Warner does not only bring all those elements together but brings it with a flair that I have to say was near perfect for me. The graphics are beautiful, each polygon making it look flawless with each character having multiple costumes and gear items that improve certain traits over others. Yes my review is behind quite a few others, but I'm not a guy to rush through things and wanted to give it a through play through (with multiple characters) in order to give it a fair review.

Add to this great sound with solid voice acting and accompanying music alongside a playable story arc all round gives you a title that was a pure joy to play. FInally add to this great end sequences for each of the characters and all round I was a more than happy gamer. Cracking.



No comments: