Saturday 12 September 2015

SCIENCE FICTION REVIEW: (R)Evolution 3: Regeneration - Stephanie Saulter

Release Date: 06/08/15
Publisher:  Jo Fletcher Books

SYNOPSIS:

The gillungs - genetically modified, waterbreathing humans - are thriving. They've pioneered new aquatic industries, and their high-efficiency quantum battery technology coupled to tidal turbines in the Thames estuary looks set to revolutionise the energy industry. But as demand grows, so does fear of what their newfound power might mean.

Then a biohazard scare at Sinkat, their London headquarters, fuels the opposition and threatens to derail the gillungs' progress. Was it an accident born of overconfidence, or was it sabotage?

DS Sharon Varsi has her suspicions, and Gabriel sees parallels in the propaganda war he's trying to manage: politicians and big business have stakes in this game too. And now there is a new threat: Zavcka Klist is out of prison. With powerful new followers and nothing to lose, she's out to reclaim everything they took from her.


REVIEW:

OK I’m new to Stephanie’s writing and whilst I’ve missed the first to books in the series, I didn’t feel that I was left out in the cold as a reader, within the pages, the author brought vibrant characters to the fore which when backed with solid dialogue helped them trip from the pages into my imagination.

The prose was sharp, the arc line wove its magic and finally when you add into it a seriously page gripping climax all round left me feeling more than happy as a reader. Yes I’ve ruined key aspects for reading the previous two titles in the series however I feel that because I’ve enjoyed this title so much I’m going to get just as much fun seeing how they’ve developed. Cracking.

No comments: