Thursday 31 December 2015

CRIME THRILLER REVIEW: Medusa - Torkill Damhaug

Release Date: 03/11/15
Publisher:  Headline

SYNOPSIS:

The first novel in the Oslo Crime Files, a tense and dark quartet of thrillers for fans of Camilla Lackberg and Jo Nesbo. 'Sleek and cunning' Evening Standard

A woman vanishes from a forest near Oslo. Days later her body is found, seemingly mauled and maimed by a bear. When another woman is reported missing and then found dead with the same scratches and bites, police find the link between them is local doctor, Axel Glenne.

Forensics reveal the women were murdered and a net of suspicion tightens around Axel, who is convinced his twin brother Brede is responsible. But no one has seen him for years and if Axel is to prove his innocence, he needs to find Brede. And fast. But there isn't a single photograph of the brothers together and neither Axel's wife nor his children has ever met a man called Brede ...


REVIEW:

I love some time with Scandinavian Crime and to be honest I had my eye on this book as I knew that Torkil was a name to watch out for from friends oversea’s who trumpeted his cause. So when this book landed I was more than happy to sit back and see what this would produce for me.

It’s well written, the prose solid, with good character development alongside plot. Add to this cracking dialogue and all round I was a more than happy reader. I also have to pass on congrats to the translator Robert Ferguson for making this a pure joy to sit back with and with the ease that it flowed. I can’t wait to read more in this series.


No comments: