Monday 24 September 2012

DVD REVIEW: How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Mel Gibson - Lionsgate

Release Date: 24/09/12

SYNOPSIS:

It’s been a bad day for Driver (Mel Gibson) and it’s not getting any better. He just made a big haul of millions that would give him a nice summer vacation on easy street. A good idea that went south – literally.

During a high-speed car chase with the US Border Patrol, and a bleeding body in his back seat, Driver flips his car smashing through the border wall, tumbling violently, coming to a stop … in Mexico. Apprehended by the Mexican authorities, he is sent to a hard-core prison where he enters the strange and dangerous world of “El Pueblito”, the worst prison in all of Mexico. Not an easy place for an outsider such as Driver to survive, unless it’s with the help of someone who knows the ropes - a 10 year-old kid.


REVIEW:

I love a film that’s feels not only different but gives the viewer something to cheer for as well as enjoy. That’s exactly what I got from this latest Mel Gibson title which to be honest I had a lot of fun with. It’s got some great twists, the acting is reasonable and I loved the dodgy anti-hero he played here that really stole the show.

Add to this a solid script backed up with typical Gibson humour purveying throughout and when added to some slick shots, some good editing and a whole host of action really gave me a title that I enjoyed from the beginning opening sequence to the final scene.



No comments: