Monday 24 September 2012

FACTUAL REVIEW: The Art of Manliness - Brett and Kate McKay

Release Date: 25/05/12

SYNOPSIS:

This limited-edition collection contains a wealth of information and inspiration for the modern man. Included inside are the following books: "The Art of Manliness." This book is dedicated to helping men uncover what manliness means in the 21st century, from rediscovering the outdoors to dressing with panache to becoming a good father."The Art of Manliness: Manvotionals." This book contains the manliest wisdom of the ages--a myriad of poems, quotes, and essays designed to inspire men to live life to the fullest and realize their complete potential as men.

Together, housed in a classic cigar box, they make the perfect gift for any man (or soon-to-be man) who is conscious of leaving his mark on this world. (This $38 value is priced at only $29.99.)

Also includes 6 drink coasters!


REVIEW:

To be honest I picked this up as a little bit of a joke between me and my Brother in Law who insists that his son (my nephew) should have Dinosaurs or Car’s on his T-Shirts. So when I came across this book from David and Charles I really thought that I’d hit pay dirt, firstly for a joke but secondly as it seemed to contain nuggets that my Dad missed out for me. (I now know how to fold my suit hanky.)

Yet when I read this compendium of books I was surprised at what was contained, it was written from a common sense point of view, had easy to follow guides and whilst a lot of it was stuff that you knew in the back of your mind, other traits that seem to be missing from modern life were present. For example etiquette that seems to be missing from many teenagers today.

All in, this book was not only engrossing but also something that helps you become a better person in yourself as you get the track on how to behave and act when in the presence of a lady (a hard earned lesson for most people) as well as how to make the most of yourself. Finally add the quirkiness together with the presentation and all in for me, this collectable is something that a great many people can benefit from. Great stuff.


No comments: