Saturday 25 April 2015

CRIME THRILLER REVIEW: Before he Finds Her - Michael Kardos

Release Date: 12/02/15
Publisher:  Head of Zeus

SYNOPSIS:

She's only alive because he thinks she's already dead...Everyone in the quiet Jersey Shore town of Silver Bay knows the story: on a Sunday evening in September 1991, Ramsey Miller threw a block party, then murdered his beautiful wife and three-year-old daughter and disappeared...But everyone is wrong. Ramsey's daughter got away. Meg, now known as Melanie, has lived in isolation, protected by her adoptive aunt and uncle. Now she is nearly eighteen and sick of hiding. Melanie's determined to confront her father, but can she find him before he finds her?


REVIEW:

I do love some time with a cracking crime thriller and whilst some titles can be hit or miss, this one at the completion of the read, left me feeling meh!. It was a title that was an OK read but it really didn’t deliver much for me as a reader, yes I liked the concept, yes I liked some of the characters, however the book’s pace sadly didn’t do much for me. I found it a lacklustre and when added to an overall plot that really didn’t deliver (in much the same way that some films have a way better trailer than the actual product) all round left me feeling that it’s a middle of the road book. Sadly, I’d recommend borrowing this from your local library, however if you’re at a loss for something to do, there are worse titles out there.

No comments: