Saturday 11 April 2015

DVD REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Paramount Home Entertainment


Release Date: 16/02/15
Publisher:  Paramount Home Entertainment

SYNOPSIS:

Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil and her cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan.


REVIEW:

As a fan of the early Turtles cartoon it was pretty cool to hear that it was back for my nephew’s generation as a three d animation and whilst I missed the old villain characters like Beebop and Rocksteady, the new series had their own set of villains for the heroes to deal with.

So having been a fan of the Transformers franchise, when I heard Michael Bay was having a hand in dealing with the new film I thought it should be a pretty solid offering that would be fun for all. Yet originally upon release all I heard were negatives. It worried me and put me off, after all the cast looked solid enough, so I thought it could only be something to do with the script.

So when the DVD came out, I was lucky enough to get a review copy and settled myself in not expecting too much from this new release but actually I was pretty sold within the first few minutes. I liked the way that they poked fun at other hero franchises, loved the way that April O’Neal came across as the still sassy reporter and when added to the over villainy of William Fichtner really worked well for me.

All round a film that whilst not an Oscar winner, was something that not only entertained me but also gave me a good laugh, definitely worth watching with your kids and for me is something I look forward to watching with my nephews. Cowabunga.

No comments: