Sunday 19 April 2015

URBAN FANTASY REVIEW: The Supernatural Enhancements - Edgar Cantero

Release Date: 14/08/14
Publisher:  Ebury Press

SYNOPSIS:

Everybody loves a ghost story...The heir to Axton House and his companion are delighted to find themselves living in one. With it come nightmares, a secret society and a curse. A ghost may soon be the least of their worries. Part ghost story, part cerebral mystery, this is a dazzling and wholly original supernatural adventure.


REVIEW:

This is a book that I’ve had on the back burner for quite a while and whilst I’ve been reading away like a demon, its one that whilst I liked the idea, I always felt that I had something better to sit down with so it just stayed pretty much where it was in the TBR pile.

Finally I’ve managed to make my way through to it and upon starting, thought that my initial retisense to start was fully justified as I had a bit of trouble picking up the prose and getting into it. That however was until after a few chapters when I found that I couldn’t put it down. I loved the quirky characters, the twists that the author threw at you and when added to some cracking dialogue that kept you fed alongside some top notch “factual” pieces to back up the information all round generates a book that was a sheer joy to read. I’ll have to make sure that I don’t make this mistake again.

No comments: