Thursday 18 April 2013

SCIENCE FICTION REVIEW: Warhammer 40K: Space Wolves: Blood of Asaheim - Chris Wraight

Release Date: 14/03/13
Publisher:  Black Library

SYNOPSIS:

The feral warrior-kings of Fenris, the Space Wolves are the sons of Leman Russ. Savage heroes, few can match their ferocity in battle. After half a century apart, Space Wolves Ingvar and Gunnlaugr are reunited. Sent to defend an important shrine world against the plague-ridden Death Guard, the Grey Hunters clash with the pious Sisters of Battle, who see the Space Wolves as little better than the enemy they fight. As enemies close in around them and treachery is revealed, Gunnlaugr and his warriors must hold the defenders together - even as hidden tensions threaten to tear their pack apart.


REVIEW:

Usually I’m a huge fan of the Space Wolves and any action that they take part in, however this time there was just something about it that I couldn’t get into. It wasn’t a badly written book, far from it but for me I found the character one that I just couldn’t associate with, the action sequences seemed a lot of the same old what’s gone on before and for me it really didn’t give me something unique or a tale that stood out on its own.

That said, the author does give it some good action sequences, some solid prose but all round for me, it’s a book that I just couldn’t get on with.



No comments: