Monday 28 November 2011

THRILLER REVIEW: Covenant - Dean Crawford

Release Date: 10/11/11

SYNOPSIS:

Humanity has always believed it is the only intelligent species of life in the universe. But while excavating in Israel, an archaeologist unearths a tomb that has remained hidden for 7,000 years. Inside lies a secret of such magnitude that the story of mankind is instantly rewritten - and its future thrown into terrible danger. Only one man can piece history back together again. Only one man will risk everything to prevent a catastrophe that could tear the world apart. That man is Ethan Warner.


REVIEW:

To be honest about this title, it’s a book that I was heavily interested in and had a great cover blurb but as I read it I kept finding all sorts of holes that meant that the overall piece didn’t work for me. Don’t get me wrong, I did like the lead character but it wasn’t something I haven’t seen time and again in other books. Almost as if it’s a stereotypical outing with a Science Fiction twist that for me didn’t bring the title to the fruition I was hoping for.

The pace was reasonable, the prose acceptable but overall it just didn’t grab my attention like a number of other more recent reads. Finally add to this a tale that feels that it went on a little too long and sadly this book wasn’t a title that will stay with me for that long.

No comments: